- Step One
Privacy Practices (HIPPA), Copyright Notice, and Disclaimers Acknowledgement
Please provide your electronic signature below
on the Health Information Privacy Practices form to begin your registration.
A NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN ACCESS THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
MindfulLivingPrograms.com understands the importance of privacy and is committed to maintaining your confidentiality. MindfulLivingPrograms.com creates and maintains records of the information you share on this site. MindfulLivingPrograms.com uses these records to provide quality health education to you, to obtain payment for services provided to you as allowed by our financial agreements, and to enable us to meet our professional and legal obligations to operate this health education site properly. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of any protected health information you may provide here and to provide individuals with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information. This notice describes how MindfulLivingPrograms.com may use and disclose your medical information. If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us at the numbers and addresses listed in this site.
A. How This Health Education Site May Use or Disclose Your Health Information
This site collects health information about you and stores it in
a chart and on a computer. This is a very limited, yet, personal
health information record. The record is the property of MindfulLivingPrograms.com,
but the information in the record belongs to you. Due to the sometimes
personal information shared on this site, your privacy is our priority.
The sections below outline the purposes for which the law permits
us to use or disclose your health information. Our practice policies
in some areas may be stricter than those required by law.
- Treatment. We use health information about you
to provide you health education. We disclose health information
to our employees and others who are involved in providing the
care you need. For example, we may share your health information,
at your request and authorization with health care providers who
will provide services which we do not provide. We may also disclose
health information to members of your family or others who can
help you when you are sick or injured.
- Payment. We may use and disclose health information
about you to obtain payment for the services we provide. We may
also disclose information to health care providers to assist them
in obtaining payment for services they have provided to you.
- Health Care Operations. We may use and disclose
health information about you to operate this health education
site. For example, we may use and disclose this information to
review and improve the quality of services we provide, or the
competence and qualifications of our professional staff. We may
use and disclose this information as necessary for quality of
service reviews, legal services and audits, including fraud and
abuse detection and compliance programs and business planning
and management. We may also share your health information with
our "business associates", such as our billing service,
that perform administrative services for us. We have a written
contract with each of these business associates that contains
terms requiring them to protect the confidentiality of your health
information. Although federal law does not protect health information
which is disclosed to someone other than another health care provider,
health plan or health care clearinghouse, under California law
all recipients of health care information are prohibited from
re-disclosing it except as specifically required or permitted
by law. We may also share your information with health care providers,
health care clearinghouses or health plans that have a relationship
with you, when they request this information to help them with
their quality assessment and improvement activities, their efforts
to improve health or reduce health care costs, their review competence,
qualifications and performance of health care professionals, their
training programs, their accreditation, certification or licensing
activities, or their health care fraud and abuse detection and
- Class Meeting Time Reminders. We may use and disclose
health information to contact and remind you about class meeting
times. If you are not home, we may leave this information on your
answering machine or in a message left with the person answering
- Message Board Information. We may use and disclose
medical information about you by having you log in when you participate
in our message board.
- Notification and Communication with Family. We may disclose your health information to notify or assist in notifying a family member, your personal representative or another person responsible for your care about your location, your general condition or in the event of your death. In the event of a disaster, we may disclose information to a relief organization so that they may coordinate these notification efforts. We may disclose information to someone who is involved with your care or helps pay for your care. If you are able and available to agree or object, we will give you the opportunity to object prior to making these disclosures, although we may disclose this information in a disaster even over your objection if we believe it is necessary to respond to the emergency circumstances. If you are able or unavailable to agree or object, our health professionals will use their best judgment in communication with your family and others.
- Marketing. We may contact you to give you information about our services related to your treatment, case management or care coordination, or to direct or recommend other treatments or health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you, or to provide you with small gifts. We may also encourage you to purchase a service when we see you. We will not use or disclose your medical information without your written authorization.
- Required by Law. As required by law, we will use and disclose your health information, but we will limit our use or disclosure to the relevant requirements of the law. When the law requires us to report abuse, neglect or domestic violence, or respond to judicial or administrative proceedings, or to law enforcement officials, we will further comply with the requirement set forth below concerning those activities.
- Public Health. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information to public health authorities for purposes related to: preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability; reporting child, elder or dependent adult abuse or neglect; reporting domestic violence; reporting to the Food and Drug Administration problems with products and reactions to medications; and reporting disease or infection exposure. When we report suspected elder or dependent adult abuse or domestic violence, we will inform you or your personal representative promptly unless in our best professional judgment, we believe the notification would place you at risk of serious harm or would require informing a personal representative we believe is responsible for the abuse or harm.
- Health Oversight Activities. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information to health oversight agencies during the course of audits, investigations, inspections, licensure and other proceedings, subject to the limitations imposed by federal and California law.
- Judicial and Administrative Proceedings. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information in the course of any administrative or judicial proceeding to the extent expressly authorized by a court or administrative order. We may also disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, discovery request or other lawful process if reasonable efforts have been made to notify you of the request and you have not objected, or if your objections have been resolved by a court or administrative order.
- Law Enforcement. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information to a law enforcement official for purposes such as identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person, complying with a court order, warrant, grand jury subpoena and other law enforcement purposes.
- Coroners. We may, and are often required by law, to disclose your health information to coroners in connection with their investigations of
- Organ or Tissue Donation. We may disclose your health information to organizations involved in procuring, banking or transplanting organs and tissues.
- Public Safety. We may, and are sometimes required by law, to disclose your health information to appropriate persons in order to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a particular person or the general public.
- Specialized Government Functions. We may disclose your health information for military or national security purposes or to correctional institutions or law enforcement officers that have you in their lawful custody.
- Workers’ Compensation. We may disclose your health information as necessary to comply with workers’ compensation laws. For example, to the extent your care is covered by workers’ compensation, we will make periodic reports to your employer about your condition. We are also required by law to report cases of occupational injury or occupational illness to the employer or workers’ compensation insurer.
- Change of Ownership. In the event that this health education site is sold or merged with another organization, your health information/record will become the property of the new owner, although you will maintain the right to request that copies of your health information be transferred to health care providers.
- Research. We may disclose your health information to researchers conducting research with respect to which your written authorization is not required as approved by an Institutional Review Board or privacy board, in compliance with governing law.
B. When This Health Education Site May Not Use or Disclose Your Health Information
Except as described in this Notice of Privacy Practices, this medical practice will not use or disclose health information which identifies you without your written authorization. If you do authorize this health education site to use or disclose your health information for another purpose, you may revoke your authorization in writing at any time.
C. Your Health Information Rights
- Right to Request Special Privacy Protections. You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information, by a written request specifying what information you want to limit and what limitations on our use or disclosure of that information you wish to have imposed. We reserve the right to accept or reject your request and will notify you of our decision.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications. You have the right to request that you receive your health information in a specific way or at a specific location. For example, you may ask that we send information to a particular e-mail account or to your work address. We will comply with all reasonable requests submitted in writing which specify how or where you wish to receive these communications.
- Right to Inspect and Copy. You have the right to inspect and copy your health information, with limited exceptions. To access your health information, you must submit a written request detailing the specific information to which you want access and whether you want to inspect it or obtain a copy of it. We will charge a reasonable fee, as allowed by California law. We may deny your request under limited circumstances; however, you may request a review of our denial. If we deny your request to access your health information, you will have the right to have them transferred to a health care professional. Our practice may deny your request to access a family member’s records, and you have the right to appeal our decision.
- Right to Amend or Supplement. You have the right to request that we amend your health information that you believe is incorrect or incomplete. You must make a request to amend in writing and include the reasons you believe the information is inaccurate or incomplete. We are not required to change your health information, and will provide you with information about this medical practice’s denial and how you can disagree with the denial. We may deny your request if we do not have the information, if we did not create the information (unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment), if you would not be permitted to inspect or copy the information at issue, or if the information is accurate and complete as is. You also have the right to request that we add to your record a statement of up to 250 words concerning any statement or item you believe to be incomplete or incorrect.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures. You have the right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your health information made by this health education site, except that this health education site does not have to account for the disclosures provided to you or pursuant to your written authorization, or as described in paragraphs: 1 (treatment), 2 (payment), 3 (health care operations), 6 (notification and communication with family), and 16 (specialized government functions) of Section A of this Notice of Privacy Practices or disclosures for purposes of research or public health which exclude direct patient identifiers, or which are incident to a use or disclosure otherwise permitted or authorized by law, or the disclosures to a health oversight agency or law enforcement official to the extent this medical practice has received notice from that agency or official that providing this accounting would be reasonably likely to impede their activities.
- You have a right to a paper copy of this Notice
of Privacy Practices.
If you would like to have a more detailed explanation of these rights or if you would like to exercise one or more of these rights, contact us at the numbers or addresses listed on this website.
D. Changes to this Notice of Privacy Practices
We reserve the right to amend this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time in the future. Until such amendment is made, we are required by law to comply with this Notice. After an amendment is made, the revised Notice of Privacy Protections will apply to all protected health information that we maintain, regardless of when it was created or received. We will keep a copy of the current notice posted on this website, and will provide you a copy at your request.
Complaints about this Notice of Privacy Practices or how this medical
practice handles your health information should be directed to our
contact numbers listed on this website.
If you are not satisfied with the manner in which this office handles a complaint, you may submit a formal complaint to:
Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Civil Rights
Hubert H. Humphrey Bldg.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Room 509F HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
You will not be penalized for filing a complaint. Effective Date: April, 2003
The information provided on MindfulLivingPrograms.com is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice or treatment.
Please consult a physician regarding your health matters and especially with matters that relate to your symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical treatment.
As we do provide education regarding health and healing, we are committed to protecting your privacy and security and have provided you with the information regarding compliance to HIPPA regulations in the State of California.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE CAREFULLY.
By using this site, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions of use. We reserve the right to modify them at any time. You should check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. By using this site after we post any changes to these terms and conditions, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them. If at any time you choose not to accept these terms and conditions of use, please do not use this site.
Scope of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your use of this entire site. These terms and conditions do not apply to your use of sites to which this site may link.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
The contents of this site are protected by copyright and trademark laws, and are the property of Mindful Living Programs and any other owners. You may access the materials located within this site only for your personal use. This means you may download one copy of posted materials on a single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, so long as you neither change nor delete any author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice. When you download copyrighted material you do not obtain any ownership rights in that material.
You may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt or in any way exploit the content of this site. Only if you obtain prior written consent from us -- and from all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property -- may you publish, display or commercially exploit any material from this site. To seek our permission, you may write to Mindful Living Programs, 6 Governors Lane, Chico, CA 95926. If permission is granted by us, and by all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property, you may not change or delete any author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice.
These terms and conditions apply only to this site, and not to the sites of any other companies or organizations, including those to which this site may link.
We are not responsible for the availability of any other site to which we may link. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available through any other site. Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on any other site. You should direct any concerns to that site's administrator or webmaster.
We welcome your comments about this site; however, we will not review or consider any unsolicited creative submissions. We hope you will understand that this policy is intended to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings in the event that projects developed by our professional staff might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. Accordingly, we must ask that you not send us any original creative ideas, suggestions or materials.
You must register in accordance with instructions that you will find on this site in order to contribute to any forum. You may not post on any forum, or send to any other forum user or Mindful Living Programs employee, any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, invades a person's privacy, violates any intellectual or other property rights, or that would otherwise violate any law. You may not use any forum in a commercial manner. You may not post material that solicits funds, or that advertises or solicits goods or services. You may not post material known to be false. You may not post messages that contain stock touts. You may not post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
We are not responsible for material appearing in any forum on this site, except for material signed by an identified representative of Mindful Living Programs. We are not responsible for screening material posted by users for libel, obscenity, invasion of privacy, copyright or trademark infringement, accuracy, or for any other reason. We retain, however, the right to modify or remove messages or other material that we, in our sole discretion, consider infringing, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, stale, or otherwise unacceptable. We also reserve the right to edit materials for any other reason. Whether or not we modify or remove such material, users remain solely responsible for the content of their messages or postings. By posting on this site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Mindful Living Programs and/or relevant affiliated companies the worldwide, perpetual, nonexclusive right to use your questions, comments, and postings, in their original or edited form, in television programs, books, articles, commentaries, or in any other medium now known or later developed. You also warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content you have posted and that the public posting and use of such content by Mindful Living Programs will not infringe the rights of any third party. Additionally, you acknowledge that you are not entitled to any compensation for such use. We may, at our discretion, suspend or terminate the registration of any forum user who violates any of these terms and conditions of use, any of the member guidelines or for any other behavior that Mindful Living Programs in its discretion believes is inappropriate.
THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NEITHER MINDFUL LIVING PROGRAMS, NOR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, WARRANT THAT ANY FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
NEITHER MINDFUL LIVING PROGRAMS, NOR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (NOT MINDFUL LIVING PROGRAMS NOR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, WILL MINDFUL LIVING PROGRAMS, OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS SITE, EVEN IF
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU BY MINDFUL LIVING PROGRAMS, OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO MINDFUL LIVING PROGRAM, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
No Personal Advice
The information contained in or made available through this site (including but not limited to information contained on message boards, in text files, or in chats) is not provided as psychotherapy or counseling services and cannot replace or substitute for the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, financial, medical, or legal matters. In particular, you should regularly consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical or mental health, particularly concerning any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention. Neither Mindful Living Programs, nor any of its respective licensors or suppliers, make representations or warranties concerning any treatment, action, or application of medication or preparation by any person following the information offered or provided within or through this site. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages that may result, including but not limited to economic loss, injury, illness or death.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
To accept the terms of this agreement fill in the information below and click the accept button. If you do not complete the information and check the radio button acknowledging your acceptance, you will not be allowed to proceed to registration and participate in the online programs offered by MindfulLivingPrograms.com. Your acceptance of these terms is required by law.
All fields below are required.
Copyright © 2005–2016 — All Rights Reserved